HERE: NOW: US
COMMON GOOD TRAINING workshop
Are you looking for ways to bring people together and build better relationships to strengthen your community? Would you like an opportunity to review your current activities under the lens of the Common Good? What more is God calling you to do with the people, gifts and resources you have? If you are able to host a one-day workshop and gather a group of 12-20 people from your parish, group, membership or local community, this may work for you.
Here: Now: Us People is a one-day workshop designed for people from across the Christian traditions, but all are welcome to participate. No prior theological formation is required. Together you will learn how to put the Common Good into practice in your community, your workplace and your every day life.
What does the workshop cover?
- Common Good Principles and how to put them into practice
- What’s going on? The causes of social division and how to address them
- A Christian understanding of the Common Good
- Civil society institutions and the role of the Church
- Your calling - vocational responsibility refreshing mission and practical action
- Shared purpose among Christians of different traditions to strengthen civil society
The workshop is designed to complement what you are already doing in your community by providing a reflective space for people to take stock of progress and look to the future.
- Workshops are hosted locally by churches or other Christian organisations. T4CG is intentionally not a training provider - we help you to run the workshop yourself.
- Interactive, prayerful, packed with teaching and discussion, including stimulating exercises to encourage people to be open and share ideas in lively conversation
- Full training pack includes comprehensive Facilitator Notes - including checklists, timings, activities, scripts and prompts for every session, a full set of slides, props, a guide for the workshop host and follow up suggestions
- Every participant has their own workbook as an aide memoire to take away
- The workshop can be delivered in one day, two half-days or evenings or over a longer period
- Designed for an ecumenically mixed group (eg. two churches partnering to host a workshop) but works equally well with a single church or denomination
- If you are an experienced facilitator you can lead it yourself. Or, T4CG can introduce you to one of our partners.
- From time to time T4CG runs 'train the trainer' sessions for this workshop - to register interest, please get in touch.
To find out how you can host a workshop in your community, parish, diocese or organisation, email firstname.lastname@example.org