We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, your email address, when you subscribe to our newsletter or material you provide when you write to us about a case study or when you contribute to our research.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
For example we use StatCounter to measure the popularity of different pages on our site. StatCounter respects the privacy and rights of visitors. No effort is made to identify individuals without their knowledge. When a visitor requests pages from the project’s site, StatCounter’s web servers automatically log the browser's domain name, and IP address. This information is collected solely for statistical purposes and is not used to identify individuals. Personally identifiable information such as visitor's name, telephone number, postal address and email address are technically impossible for StatCounter to collect and no attempt is made to do so. The information that is recorded consists of the date and time of visit, IP address, browser (e.g. Firefox 3.5), operating system version (e.g. Windows XP), screen resolution (e.g. 800x600), referring link, the current page url and the current page title. To enable StatCounter.com to track whether a visitor has been to our website before (i.e. a first-time or returning visitor) we send a cookie to the visitor’s computer. This information is collected solely to improve the service StatCounter offers to the project and for statistical purposes and is not used to identify individuals. StatCounter.com maintains a strict "no-spam" policy. Your e-mail address will not be sold to a third party.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Use of Your Information
We may use the information that we collect from you to shape the project. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our project.
- To inform you of any changes to our project and keep you updated.
- If you have previously contacted us we may provide you with ongoing updates which we believe may interest you.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We make every effort to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically: sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that the management of the project is taken over by a third party.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.